Having inspected the course I am more than happy for the competition to go
ahead. If we had been back in March with no sign of summer arriving then the
outcome would be different. The temperatures are rising and growth and
recovery will soon be upon us. The forecast for the day is good and
conditions will improve slowly throughout the day. Taking all things into
consideration and the coming work scheduled for the course; any damage will
soon be rectified.
There are puddles in places but around these the ground is firm. The 11th is
poor; however it cannot get much worse, relief can be taken from casual
water and as long as pitch marks are repaired and trolley lines are
respected we should be fine.